DLA Piper is a global law firm, recognized for our innovation and entrepreneurialism. Our diversity and reach; operating in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific, mean we are uniquely positioned to support our clients wherever they operate, whilst supporting our local communities and providing our people with rewarding global career opportunities.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
Our growth ambition resulted in a requirement for a Marketing and Business Development Assistant. We are looking for a professional with the ability to contribute and support the team in realizing our team and firm’s ambitions related to sustainability, key clients and our reputation.
The Marketing & Business Development team consists of eight colleagues that deliver a broad range of marketing, communications and business development services for the Amsterdam office, designed to grow the firm’s market positioning, revenue and profitability. In our team, we work closely with the lawyers, notaries and tax advisors to explore new business opportunities and market DLA Piper and its individuals, externally. The working environment is dynamic and fast paced so no two days are the same.
In the role of Marketing and Business Development Assistant you have a central role, which enables you to build a network and learn to work with many international practice groups, our Marketing & Business Development colleagues and other business services teams. You will join an enthusiastic and experienced team that has a great spirit to bring their support to the next level.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support marketing and business development (key) client related communications and go-to-market initiatives – this includes among others internal and external communications, events and marketing campaigns that are directly related to the development and dynamics of (key) clients and sectors
- Support our team with strategy communications including social media
- Engaging with team members and provide support with pitches within tight deadlines
- Assisting our submissions programme in order to ensure continuity in our support; and
- Support on administrative tasks and projects to get our basics right
- Able to work within a matrixed organization – balancing the needs of the client against firm initiatives and goals
- Able to collaborate across multi-disciplinary areas, including senior stakeholders across DLA Piper at national and international levels
- Ability to flex your style and versatility according to EQ is key
- Passionate about collaboration, team work and sharing best practices; and
- Ability to operate calmly under pressure and manage competing priorities
Who are you
- HBO or University degree, preferably in business, communications, law or commerce
- 1-3 years’ working experience in this field of expertise
- Experience with pitching, account management, project management, photoshop, social media and events is an advantage
- Strong organization skills and ability to distinguish between urgent and important tasks
- Eye for detail, pragmatic and good analytical skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluent in Dutch and English)
What we offer
- We offer a competitive remuneration package and recognition for the value you bring to our team and business
- Support, coaching and feedback from really great colleagues
- A pleasant and inspiring work environment
- An informal working atmosphere with an open door policy
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- 28 vacation days; and
- A financial contribution to your fitness subscription via Bedrijfsfitness Nederland